Quiz – The Holy Spirit
- Name the person who was filled by LORD Almighty, with the *Spirit of God*, skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts.
- “Can we find anyone like this man, one in whom is the *Spirit of God*?” Who said this, about whom?
A. Nathan about David
B. The Pharaoh about Joseph
C. God about Solomon
D. St Paul about St Stephen
- ‘The *Spirit of God* has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life’. Whose words are these?
- Then the people recalled the olden day’s saying; where is He who brought them through the sea, with the shepherd of His flock? Where is He, who set his *Holy Spirit* among them? …… To whose days or time does this saying, has reference to?
5. Who blew a trumpet, when the *Spirit of the LORD* came upon him, summoning the Abiezrites to follow him?
6. “The *Spirit of the LORD* spoke through me; His word was on my tongue”. Who said this?
B. King David,
7. How many times does the term *Holy Spirit*, occur in the Old Testament?
8. Who was warned by the *Holy Spirit* in every city, about the prison and hardships he had to face?
A. St. Paul,
9. ‘But whoever blasphemes against the *Holy Spirit* will never be forgiven’. Such a person is guilty of which sin?
A. Original Sin,
B. Eternal Sin,
C. Carnal Sin,
D. Mortal Sin
10. But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the *Holy Spirit*. Whose words are these?
A. St Paul,
B. St James,
C. St. Jude,
D. St John
11. For he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the *Holy Spirit* even from birth. Whose words are these?
B. Angel Gabriel,
D. St Paul
12. “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the *Holy Spirit*. Who said this?
A. St. Peter,
B. St. John the Baptist,
C. Lord Jesus Christ,
D. St Paul
13. “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the *Holy Spirit*.” Who said this?
A. St. James,
B. St. John,
C. Simon the Sorcerer,
D. St Thomas
14. The *Holy Spirit* descended on Jesus Christ in the bodily form of a dove, when Jesus Christ was baptized in the river Jordan. How many people saw this event?
A. All the people,
15. Who were the group of people addressed as “stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears, who like their fathers, always resisted the Holy Spirit!
C. St Paul and his followers,
D. Members of the Sanhedrin
16. When asked to them “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.” To which place did this group of people belong to?
17. Name the two people whose hearts were filled by the Satan, that they lied to the Holy Spirit.
A. Aquila and Priscilla,
B. Herod and Herodias,
C. Ananias and Sapphira,
D. Felix and Drusilla
18. To whom was it revealed by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
A. Virgin Mary,
B. Prophet Simeon,
19. Who had prophesied with the help of the Holy Spirit that Judas, will serve as guide for those who wanted to arrest Jesus?
A. King David;
B. St Peter,
C. Jesus Christ,
D. Pontius Pilate
20. ‘After they (disciples) prayed, the place was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly’. Where did the event take place?
A. Prison with Peter and Silas,
B. Upper Room of St. John Mark’s mother,
21. The people of this place had been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. But the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; till Peter and John placed their hands on them. Which is place that is being referred to?
22. Jesus Christ told His disciples “John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.“ Name the disciple who remembered this and quotes it in one of his discourses.
A. St Stephen,
B. St Thomas,
C. St. Peter,
D. St Philip
23. “Can anyone keep these people from being baptized with water? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” Who are the group of people being referred to?
A. Stephanos and his family;
B. Cornelius and his family and friends;
C. Lydda and her family;
D. Jailor and his family
24. Who was the first Roman Catholic Pope to read the controversial term ‘and of the Son’ (Filioque clause – that Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son) added to the creed, during a mass in 1014. This term later led to the Great Schism between East and West, in 1054.
A. Pope Benedict VIII;
B. Pope Pius;
C. Pope Leo;
D. Pope Francis;
25. Give Bible References to show that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father
A. Acts 1: 4; Heb. 9: 14;
B. Matt. 28: 19 -20;
C. Jn. 1: 1; Jn. 1: 14;
D. Jn. 14: 16, 26; 15: 26.
ANSWERS in few Days
Answers to Quiz on Holy Spirit